- Streamlining your assembly
- Optimizing the assembly process
- Large output capability
- Ergonomic and comfortable for the operator
- Simple start-up
The handheld Inserting Machine can be used where the efficient and process reliable press-insertion and placement operations are done by hand.
Our handheld and stationary press-insertion tools are combined with the suitable feeder. Our Press-Insertion systems are an adaptive solution for different applications.
Some of the connection-elements, such as rivets, pins, sleeves and balls can be processed with this system both process reliable and efficient.
DEPRAG Pin-Insertion Systems consist of:
- a feeding system (vibratory- or sword feeder)
- a handheld or stationary press-insertion tool
- a maintenance unit
- an electronic control
The feeder needs a suitable nosepiece ball-type or split-type, which is adapted to fit your fastener and application.
Basically, two different types of standard screwfeeders Vibratory Feeder or Sword (Segment) Feeder are available.
Press-insertion devices for handheld applications
DEPRAG press-insertion devices for handheld applications excel through the ergonomic form of the handle and the high efficiency when connected to a suitable feeder.
Two different machine designs are available:
- Model EDG with one insertion stroke
An operator fully guides the down-stroke of the insertion tool. The down-pressure asserted by the Operator supports the pin-insertion.
- Model EDGZ with one insertion stroke and an additional locking stroke
A cylinder integrated into the insertion-tool activates the locking-stroke. The insertion-lock assures a firm overhang of the fastener from the nosepiece ball- or split-type. An involuntary push-back of the fastener is eliminated. The Operator only performs a short stroke, which is necessary for the actual press-insertion.
Application Examples for actual solutions with a handheld tool:
- Press-insertion of grooved pins to hold seat-covers to a car seat for kids
- Assembly of rubber-feet to the bottom of a telephone housing
- Install contact pins into cell-phone shells
- Insertion of steel rivets to allow riveting at a later time
- Pre-assembly of safety rivets into miniature trains
- Insertion of expansion-rivets to attach a PC-board to a housing frame
Press-insertion devices for stationary applications
For stationary applications, the supply- and insertion-movement is done by a cylinder. The use of sensors allow a multitude of application possibilities for many different types of connection elements. So, besides rivets, pins, sleeves and balls, etc., the stationary insertion system can also process asymmetrical parts.
- for handheld applications:
for rivets and pins from 1 - 8 mm shaft-diameter
and a max. length up to 35 mm
for balls up to 12 mm diameter
- for stationary applications: Customer Specific Solutions