The handheld Inserting Machine can be used where the efficient and process reliable press-insertion and placement operations are done by hand.
Our handheld and stationary press-insertion tools are combined with the suitable feeder. Our Press-Insertion systems are an adaptive solution for different applications.
Some of the connection-elements, such as rivets, pins, sleeves and balls can be processed with this system both process reliable and efficient.
DEPRAG Pin-Insertion Systems consist of:
- a feeding system (vibratory- or sword feeder)
- a handheld or stationary press-insertion tool
- a maintenance unit
- an electronic control
The feeder needs a suitable nosepiece ball-type or split-type, which is adapted to fit your fastener and application.
Basically, two different types of standard screwfeeders Vibratory Feeder or Sword (Segment) Feeder are available.
Press-insertion devices for handheld applications
DEPRAG press-insertion devices for handheld applications excel through the ergonomic form of the handle and the high efficiency when connected to a suitable feeder.
Two different machine designs are available:
- Model EDG with one insertion stroke
An operator fully guides the down-stroke of the insertion tool. The down-pressure asserted by the Operator supports the pin-insertion.
- Model EDGZ with one insertion stroke and an additional locking stroke
A cylinder integrated into the insertion-tool activates the locking-stroke. The insertion-lock assures a firm overhang of the fastener from the nosepiece ball- or split-type. An involuntary push-back of the fastener is eliminated. The Operator only performs a short stroke, which is necessary for the actual press-insertion.
Application Examples for actual solutions with a handheld tool:
- Press-insertion of grooved pins to hold seat-covers to a car seat for kids
- Assembly of rubber-feet to the bottom of a telephone housing
- Install contact pins into cell-phone shells
- Insertion of steel rivets to allow riveting at a later time
- Pre-assembly of safety rivets into miniature trains
- Insertion of expansion-rivets to attach a PC-board to a housing frame
Press-insertion devices for stationary applications
For stationary applications, the supply- and insertion-movement is done by a cylinder. The use of sensors allow a multitude of application possibilities for many different types of connection elements. So, besides rivets, pins, sleeves and balls, etc., the stationary insertion system can also process asymmetrical parts.
for handheld applications:
- for rivets and pins from 1 - 8 mm shaft-diameter
- and a max. length up to 35 mm
- for balls up to 12 mm diameter
for stationary applications:
- Customer Specific Solutions